The Business Development Associate (BDA) will provide potential clients with a road map of how to engage in a business relationship with Fleet Team. BDA will engage clients through phone, email and in-person interactions with the purpose of developing (1) positive trusting relationships (2) a thorough understanding of each client’s pain related to Fleet Management and (3) scopes of work giving clients the hope that their current state can be made measurably better through formalizing a consultative relationship with Fleet Team. BDA will work closely with the Director of Business Development, other business development colleagues and contractors to develop and implement strategies to attract leads, engage prospects, and sign clients.
- Engage new business leads and prospects via phone, email and in-person.
- Build relationships with colleagues and contractors toward a continuously improving client engagement process.
- Nurture prospects by probing prospects’ fleet management pain and matching them with available Fleet Team services.
- As part of the development team, implement sales, service and retention strategies as well as analyze sales data to inform and update marketing strategies.
- Assist business development staff in fluid transition of new clients to the fleet management team.
- Assist with drafting business plans, sales pitches, presentations, reference materials and scopes of work as required.
- Position Fleet Team in all interactions as a consultation company focusing on managing mobile equipment assets and saving clients on their total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Exemplify Fleet Teams Core Values in every client interaction.
- Utilize Salesforce as the hub of all business development activity.
- In concert with colleagues and contractors, identify, target, and promote the Fleet Team brand and products across multiple social media and digital platforms toward the immediate benefit of lead generation and long-term benefit of brand recognition and trust.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff, and clients (from C-Suite to Operations).
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing or related field; Or significant equivalent experience that would justify an exception.
Minimum of 2 years of success in a professional business development sales position –1 of which targeting senior management in a business-to-business enterprise.
- Friendly and personable demeanor.
- Foundational understanding of business principles, return on investment, total cost of ownership calculations, cost and savings projections, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills with emphasis on developing alternative solutions and understanding business implications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritize demands and execute tasks.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong project management and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with deadlines.
- Desire to establish and then meet or exceed measurable performance goals.
CULTURE & CORE VALUES
Fleet Team’s culture and values are an integral part of our success. All Fleet Team employees will promote and adhere to the core values of Fleet Team listed below:
- Collaborative: Being team oriented, showing leadership, being helpful, and having a positive attitude.
- Accountability: Independence, being self-sufficient, self-reliant, autonomous.
- Enterprising: Showing initiative, resourcefulness, and leadership, having an innovative and energetic spirit, readiness to act, being self-motivated.
- Ownership: Having the work ethic to do your job with the big picture in mind, client-focused, professionalism, ethics similar to an owner: a sense of belonging, responsibility, resilience, and personal involvement, strong desire to succeed.
- Quality: Be prepared and do it right the first time. The quality of our work ensures client satisfaction, profitability, long-term partnerships – all vital to our growth.
- Mutuality: We do what’s right and fair for our clients, partners, and employees. We expect a lot but give a lot back.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.